Monday 14 November 2011

Ten Songs with Baby replaced by Hitler

It is a truth universally acknowledged that if you replace the word "love" in a pop song with the word "lunch", the world becomes a funnier place. It's less well-known that if you replace the word "baby" with "Hitler", the world becomes even funnier. As I shall now demonstrate, for the first time on the internet, right here and now:

Ten Songs with Baby replaced by Hitler
1. Hitler, Can I Hold You Tonight?
2. Hitler Did a Bad, Bad Thing
3. Be My Hitler
4. Hitler's Got Back
5. Hitler Love
6. Hitler Hitler
7. Hitler Come Back
8. Hitler, I Don't Care
9. Hitler, I Love Your Way
10. I Love to Love (but Hitler just Wants to Dance)

Bonus:
11. Where Are you Hitler?

At this point I'm probably going to be banned in Germany. But I don't get any hits from Germany, so I don't care. Besides, the essence of humour is subversion, the more violent the funnier. And there are few more violent things than pop culture.

EDIT: But does it work the other way around? Let's see...

1. Baby Has Only Got One Ball
2. Springtime for Baby
3. Baby was a Vegetarian
4. Who do you Think you are Kidding, Mr Baby?
5. ...

I seem to have run out of songs with Hitler in them. Der Baby's Face? Baby with your Rhythm Stick? Overall the results aren't as funny. The Hitler-Baby rotation is a one-way mirror.

I've always wanted to write The Hitler-Baby rotation is a one-way mirror, but I've never had the chance. Until now.